How to Build Your Capacity
Capacity is your mental, emotional, and physical energy. And it's within your control to increase or decrease. Your capacity is a big part of what determines how productive you'll be. (Warning: some of these might make you LOL - they might sound weird, but I swear they work)
Here are 10 things you can do right now to INCREASE your capacity:
1. Go on a walk or workout
2. Write down whatever thoughts are on your mind - especially if you're having a rough day
3. Bake some cookies
4. Put your phone away and watch your favorite TV show (or reruns of your favorite TV show - Gilmore Girls, anyone?)
5. Break up your routine and go somewhere new - a new park, a coffee shop, or somewhere you haven't been in a while
6. Drive around and listen to music or a podcast
7. Go snuggle your dogs (or cats)
8. Cleaning of any kind: your windows, your bathroom, vacuum your floors, sweep, or wipe down your countertops.
9. Enjoy a drink outside (minus your phone)
10. Meditate (Buddhify is a great mindfullness and meditation app!)
None of these options sound like things you'd actually enjoy? No worries. This isn't a hard and fast checklist - use it for inspo.
Or, you can ask yourself:
What do I want right now?
What do I need most?
What would be incredible right now?
Answer honestly and give that to yourself in whatever capacity you can.